Nuffnang Top

Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Framed and Painted

It's DIY time again! Previously, we removed the doors to the store rooms as when they swung open, they blocked the entire corridor. I put up temporary curtains while we brainstormed further for a solution. Our builder introduced us to a low-cost solution, sliding doors from Argos. We tested it on the entrance to the kitchen and it worked perfectly to keep smells out from our living room. My husband did a lovely job putting these up and our corridor looks much cleaner and wider now. We also decided to remove a shelf and filled the space with frames instead which you would see when you exit the bathroom. I love the daschund especially.


On the subject of frames, a change of our dining area ones was long overdue. I hung up two of my favourite food puns and a collection of British tea biscuits. My favourites are Bourbons and Custard Creams.

I also switched out the frames for our laptop/charging corner. I love this beautifully designed picture of the famous quote on Love- 1 Cor 13: 4-6. The picture on the left is one that I painted to commemorate where we lived before moving here. We took the number 3 bus very often back then.
I also added a corkboard for reminders.


We used the leftover chair paint from our previous DIY Bertil Chairs project to repaint the orangey pine mirror frame. I've always tried to reduce the orangey pine objects in our home because it draws out too much of the parquet making the small space quite dated and distracting. We moved the couch as well to make new room for a sofabed.

The sofabed for guests. The gallery wall changes all the time.

Photobox ran a sale. We printed our favourite travel photos and put a select few up. I also repainted the frame white for my Santorini painting on the left.

We managed to get a used dresser from a kind stranger. It was unfortunately painted an old mustard yellow. I repainted it into a frosty white and voila, it looks all new again! 

I also decided to paint another orangey pine bedside table with the same frosty white and the knobs with our kitchen wall paint. Turned out really cute and clean. I'm very pleased with this upcycling project.

I also moved the bedside table out to the living room to provide extra storage space and serve as a tea table too. We welcomed a new plant into our home for more fresh air- the Dragonplant. I really love the look of it as well as how low-maintenance it is.

I absolutely enjoy these little updates to the home.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...