Nuffnang Top

Saturday, January 26, 2019

The Nobbies and Forest Caves

When I visited Australia for the first time back when I was 15 (I want to say?), my aunt brought us to the Nobbies and it became my favourite place in the world. I instantly fell in love with the cliffs, wind and the sea. I wax nostalgic about the Nobbies all the time and remember not wanting to leave the boardwalk even though it was freezing cold the first time. I would live there forever if I could. No other place has left quite the impression on me up till I knew of Santorini in my later teens which has a different but also very special place in my heart. This is why I was so thrilled to have the luxury of frequenting the Nobbies now more often, being in Melbourne. The wonders of nature never fails to point me heavenward.


Definitely bring a jacket as the strong winds are one of the best features of the Nobbies experience.



The jaw-dropping colours of the cliff. How is this real???

I cannot look away. I cannot look away.

My happy place.

There's nothing better than watching giant waves crash against the rocks and the white bubbly foam that comes after. The water is a brilliant aqua. 

On our way home this round, we decided to make a stop at Forest Caves not knowing what to expect at all. We climbed up some flights of stairs and down to the shore. 

Trudging through the sand carrying a toddler is quite the challenge. Our calves ached for days afterwards.

We proceeded to walk quite a bit until we reached a rocky formation.
 
It wasn't hard to spot the caves. The waves would rush in and flood the caverns. You could tell that once the tide rose, a good part of the caves would be submerged. We could walk above the caves and look below to see how the waters rushed in and out.

It was fascinating how you could actually stand inside this area when the waves drew back.

Would go back most definitely. 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...