Nuffnang Top

Wednesday, May 6, 2015

Birthday Joy

This year, my husband's birthday week coincided with us getting over our jetlag. So, it was decided that the best thing to do was to take it easy and enjoy a low-key day together. No trips to Central London, in other words.

I made breakfast for the birthday boy: 
An Egg, Grilled Ham and Cheese, Tomatoes, and Bircher Muesli ala Debbie.

After that, we headed out whilst the sun was shining to pick out some new sports shoes for him. This would be my gift for him to replace his torn shoes. When asked what he would like for lunch, the answer came: 'Koay Teow Th'ng'. We dropped by the Asian market and bought some supplies and I made a wicked KTT for the first time, if I say so myself. It tasted pretty close to Penang style KTT.


 I made a Neo-Chocolate Cake the day before and got him to blow out the candles Malaysian time. :)

 Finally, for dinner, he tasted his first piece of homecooked steak with asparagus and parmesan. 

A simple celebration but a memorable one.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...