Nuffnang Top

Saturday, October 11, 2014

Chocolate Walnut Pecan Pie

Ever since we had the Chocolate Walnut Pecan Pie at Avoca Cafe in Ireland, I had been wanting to make it myself. Since then, I have made this recipe three times and it got the seal of approval by the tastees. I didn't use a pie dish once so it turned out looking more like a cake. It's incredibly quick to make too.


Ingredients:
1. 1/4 cup butter
2. 1 cup unsweetened baking chocolate
3. 2/3 cup light brown sugar (about 10% less if you like things on the less sweet side)
4. 3 large eggs
5. 1 tsp vanilla
6. 1/2 tsp salt
7. 1/4 cup honey
8. Walnuts and pecans (toasted and chopped into smaller chunks). You can use only one type of nut if you like. 
9. Pie crust (You can find recipes for this in abundance online. I didn't make the pie crust this time and chose to use the JusRol pastry which is really easy to work with.)


Instructions:
1. Preheat your oven to 190'C. (fan assisted)
2. Melt the butter and chocolate together. (I used the microwave-takes about 30 seconds on mine.)
3. Add the eggs, sugar, salt, honey, vanilla and mix well.
4. Stir in the chopped walnuts and pecans.
5. Roll out the pastry into a cake tray or pie dish.
6. Pour the mixture in.
7. Bake for 40 minutes or so and let it cool down for about 30 minutes after it's done.

In my case, I put the pie in to bake after dinner with some friends and then played a game and it was done after! I love these quick and flexible recipes that you can throw together without much fuss.

I also tried making it once with a ready-made pie crust. Not as tasty as using a raw pastry but the filling was still as good.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...